Thursday, December 9, 2010

Evening at the Isaac Hale Beach Park, revisited

Sitting in the airport in Hilo, just about to board the plan for HNL then on home.  Looking through the LR3 library, working on keywording and ranking, etc.  Thought I'd share this image from last night's sunset.  Sort of a precursor to yesterday's blog post, and not really what I felt like I was there to do, but thought it was interesting anyway.  The composition is identical to the previous image as it was difficult to safely crawl around on the wet lava in the dying light.  


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful composition, Curtis. Perhaps you only changed the WB for this piece, but whatever you did it sure made a huge impact on the final product. In the end, what really matters is what you think as the photographer, and how you felt when the photo(s) were taken, and if the final product matched what you actually saw and felt at the time you took them. That's how I always approach my photography, which is why I enjoy it so much. Please keep up the great work, and I so enjoy your blogs, so please keep us informed! Thankyou Curtis. Thankyou so much for keeping ME informed about what's new and important in photography. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch for stopping by. The whole process of photography is wonderful, isn't it? I love both the process of imagining (previsualizing, I suppose Mr. Adams would say) an image long before making it, and also the process of spontaneous discovery of other, unexpected images. The previous post represents the former, and this one the latter I suppose.
    The blog's been a bit quiet since the first of the month. Looking forward to some fun entries through the rest of the winter.

    ReplyDelete